Orpic provides a multicultural environment that offers excellent opportunities for technical and professional development. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the industry’s top talent and are focused on becoming an Employer of Choice.
There are a number of exciting opportunities available for global talent and expert Omani nationals who have competencies and experience in the field of refinery and petrochemicals.
To register your interest in career opportunities at Orpic, please email email@example.com andenclose a copy of your resume, along with information regarding the type of position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Orpic is one of the largest companies in Oman and one of the most rapidly growing businesses in the Middle East’s oil industry.
We provide challenging and rewarding careers for the people of Oman and are committed to Omanisation. In fact, over 73% of our employees are Omani nationals.
We realise that between now and 2019 , when the last of our major projects is completed, our technical staffing levels must increase considerably, and with that in mind, in 2012 we started a Graduate Recruitment Programme – each year taking on board more than 100 newly graduated Omanis who we provide with on-job training within Orpic, for a period of 18 months.
The course, which is run by Orpic’s internal Training Centre, has been extremely successful, with hundreds of graduates completing the programme and being placed in various roles since programme inception.
In addition, we recognise the need to infuse our company culture with talented and experienced expatriates who offer a breadth of international skills and capabilities. So we source and recruit the best international talent, capable of passing knowledge and sharing expertise effectively, to our new generation of Omani engineers.
Orpic is always on the lookout for fresh graduates, in particular Engineers and Technicians, to join Orpic’s family. All intakes for the Graduate Recruitment Programme are advertised annually, during May.
- Engineer Trainees (Mechanical, Electrical, Instrument and Process)
- Technician Trainees (Mechanical, Electrical, Instrument and Field Operators)
- Engineers – Fresh Graduates or Degree in Engineering
- Technicians – Diploma in Engineering
- Minimum GPA 2.5 or equivalent
- Year of graduation should not exceed more than 3 years
- Training duration 12-18 months
- Training location is Muscat or Sohar
- Trainee work placement is in Sohar
- Positions are open for Omani nationals only
- Submit your CV (Instructions are provided in newspaper advertisements in May)
- Complete the on-line assessment
- Participate in face-to-face interviews
- Final selection will be completed based on applicant meeting specific criteria
- Overall assessment conducted
- On-boarding and Induction for successful applicants
- Health, Safety and Environment induction programme
- Signing and approval of the Training Contract
- Orientation Process (Refinery and Process Overviews)
- Introduction and familiarization of Orpic (structures, products and core business overview)
If the applicant is successful, a comprehensive training programme will be conducted over a 12-18 month period. This will include various topics ranging from theoretical to field studies, soft skill, managerial and on-job training. In addition, monthly assessments will be conducted.
A thorough evaluation and final assessment will be completed, based on the individual’s overall performance. Thereafter, a Placement Contract may be issued for the individual’s permanent position in Orpic.